Fictionpress

I've been a member of Fictionpress since 2006--I joined shortly after finishing undergrad, when I was trying to figure out "what's next" and was often bored and lonely in Oklahoma. Mostly I spent my time reading and reviewing other people's work (primarily my friend Tatiana Moore), but occasionally I'd post my own stuff.

I haven't updated my FP account since 2008, but today I decided I'd use it to post any vignettes or short stories I end up writing over the next couple of months (or longer). I have so many books that offer writing prompts and exercises and stuff (plus, I often pick up more at the library). My plan has been to do at least one exercise/prompt a day. However, I won't post all of them.

I may also re-visit some of the novel-length projects I had been working on all those years ago. At least one of them is very important to me and I actually want to see completed. So we'll see what happens...

Today I posted two "chapters" in my new story titled "Vignettes & Shorts," which is where I plan to post some of my "one a day" pieces.

Taking a look at some of my other stuff, I think I might try submitting some of the stories in "Growing Up with Memories," for publication. On the day I took the RIASEC test, I also went through a Writer's Market and put together a pretty substantially list of markets I could probably break into. At the time, it was kind of daunting to think I'd have to begin thinking of fresh stories to write--especially since I feel I've been lacking on ideas for a while. BUT... going back to Fictionpress has made me realize I already have a lot of great material. Some of it just needs to be edited and re-worked a bit.

So... I'm excited. I'll keep you updated on how the submission process goes. And also how my writing plan goes, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?