Another v-blog from Ebs. This one I thought was pretty cute! It's Video 5 in her Quest to Meet J-Lo. All I can say is shame on Tiffani for not helping out her cousin!
It never fails that within a given week someone seemingly has to ask me, "So... do you have a boyfriend?", "So who's the lucky man?" or something along that lines. It doesn't matter if we've been friends for ages and just haven't seen each other in a while, or you've just met me a few months, days or hours ago. It somehow always creeps up. And when I say, "No... No one..." with a sweet smile on my face, the answer is always a variation of three things: 1. "Don't worry, your own time will come soon." (Really? I wasn't worried until you said that , now I'm worried that something is the matter since "my time" hasn't come yet. Thanks.) 2. "Oh, why are you being picky? Or are you just waiting until you're sure ? (Actually, no one is even remotely interested in me. Or at least no one I'm aware of. Thanks for reminding me of that fact.) 3. "We've got to find someone for you!...
It's half past 3. Morning, not afternoon. And I've just finished reading "Me Before You" by JoJo Moyes . It was one of the books I purchased in London. (You might think it silly, but my very first purchases, besides train tickets, were books. Even though I had my Kindle and I had brought a few real books, too. My second was a cute satchel to put the books in... Ha!) I began reading it this morning, and could barely put it down. Of course, I did to take care of my growing pile of laundry and to spend a few hours with friends after a clothes swap (my first! But more on that later). I got home around 11pm, and just couldn't stop reading this book. You might remember how I felt about " Thanks for the Memories " or " Sweet Love "... this was better. I can't really tell you what the book is about. To do so would give it all away. The blurb on the back did it very little justice... I thought I'd be a silly bit of chick-lit (which I lo...
So I just finished a week of living a life of No Impact . Or at least trying to live a life of No Impact. I wasn't always very successful, but I think it was still a worthwhile week. I've walked away from it a changed person. I'm more conscious of the choices I make and how they affect the environment, and I've taken steps to change a few bad habits and swap them for more eco-friendly ones. And while I may still be more "lime" than "green," it's a start. And I think that's the more important thing. Well... today, I received another challenge. The Awakening , a young adult group at the church I go to in Dallas, is doing a three week series on "Life on Purpose." Purpose as in "what you're supposed to do in life; your calling, etc." Although, I also took it as "on purpose" like the opposite of "on accident." Mostly because I think lately, or at least since losing my job , I've kind of been livin...
Comments
Post a Comment