... and we're back!

It took a week or so, but I finally am able to use my computer again! The virus is gone!

Granted I had to completely wipe my memory and am starting from scratch, more or less... but in a way, that's refreshing. It's a clean slate, and new beginning.

And that's where I am in my life in general. A misguided judgement led to things falling apart. And so, "let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start."

Over the last few weeks, I've begun to feel liberated in a way. And this past week without my computer has really given me time to actual live life and think about it in a new way versus trying to work out a system that had obviously collapsed around me.

For one, I've officially decided to go for my MFA next fall and with a renewed computer plan to right fervently and furiously until December 1st when the first deadline hits. I'm still trying to decide if I should go for 12 programs, or lower the list down a bit. But with my parents support, I can probably swing applying to at least eight programs. My whole family is on board with me applying and that just makes this so much better for me! (Not that I ever lacked their support, but I've just had doubts about if it's something I should honestly do, or if I'm just being self-indulgent and their encouragement has been wonderful.)

Secondly, I've decided to begin a 365 journey in photography. One picture for each day of the year. My year starting on October 1st. And while I feel off the wagon yesterday and didn't take a picture (I made up for it and took two different shots with different subjects today), I've actually be rather diligent about finding moments to capture... mostly around my home, but sometimes while I'm driving or while out with friends. And in general, I don't just take one picture... I take 4 or sometimes 20 (or many more if I'm somewhere particularly intriguing). But the goal is to take at least one--play around with framing, lighting, speed, etc.

And I guess those are the two big things, I suppose...

I'm also planning to take some classes online starting next week, which will hopefully open doors for more substantial means of making ends meet over the next few months.

Anyway... next few blogs will be updating you on the fun stuff I've done while my computer was out of commission: The State Fair, my 365, books I've read...

... but for now, it's bed time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?