Good Shows Make You Cry, Too

So, it's been about 3 weeks since it actually aired, but I finally found the courage to watch the series finale of my latest favorite show, "Life Unexpected."

It sadly, only lasted exactly a year long, premiering on January 18, 2010 and ending on January 18, 2011. But it definitely deserved a much longer run. It was the first show in a long time that I seriously grew attached to since "Gilmore Girls." And if any of you were a fan of "Gilmore Girls," you know how disappointing that finale was! I was very concerned that LUX (as it's affectionately abbreviated to, and which also happens to be the name of the central character) was going to be just as disappointing for me.

So, I DVR'd it and put off watching it. I used the excuse of being busy with other things. But really, I was just scared. I loved this show. It made me watch the CW again, something I stopped doing after "Gilmore Girls." And in general, the only shows I ever watched consistently on the old WB was "Gilmore Girls" and "Everwood" (two shows LUX has been compared to). And in general, this was the first non-reality TV show I've kept up with in ages. I think it was the family-centered plot--drama, but also a sense of wholesomeness. A cast of kooky, lovable characters...  I was pretty heartbroken when I heard the CW would not be renewing the show's contract. And I was concerned the ending the writers and producers would have to concoct at the last minute would leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Well, I am sooo happy to report that the writers gave me all I wanted and more!

I won't spoil the ending for you, but let's just say that everyone ended up exactly where I hoped they'd be. And without it being predictable--I was help in suspense for quite a bit and there were a few pleasant surprises! I did some more crying today--tears of satisfaction.



For anyone thinking of a future gift idea for me, know that I would appreciate having LUX on DVD. And even though I hated the ending, I wouldn't mind all seven seasons of "Gilmore Girls," too. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?