Saying Goodbye to My Favorite Home Yet...

I have lived in a lot places in my life. And in my seven years in Houston, I have moved my stuff about five or six times... and now I'm doing all over again.

This move is definitely the hardest.

For one, I have no clue where I'll be moving to next. Everything is in storage for at least the next four months, and unlike the last two times I put stuff in storage, there is literally no plan of when or where it will all go.

Secondly, this was by far my favorite place to live ever. And I realized I didn't take enough pictures, or invite enough people over. And... I'm scared that I'll never be able to create such a cozy and happy home again.

When I moved in, my landlord made me a special key when I moved in because when we talked about the place I told him I loved to travel and that I taught World Cultures. It was the sweetest, and he and his wife have been awesome landlords these past few years.




A friend helped me mount the top bookshelf (which I'm leaving behind when I go), and then I assembled all the bookshelves. In the end, I had about about 10-12 bookshelves around the house (and now that I'm all packed up, I have about 30 boxes of books that make up more than half of what's currently in storage).

A post shared by bunmi_ishola (@bunmi_ishola) on


Eventually it looked like this...

The kitchen had lots of cabinent space, and my island/table was custom-made by a good friend and former co-worker.
A post shared by bunmi_ishola (@bunmi_ishola) on


This was my favorite nook in the apartment. The shelves were part of the decor from my sister's bridal shower, and I repurposed them as bookshelves. Eventually some bookish art got added, too.
A post shared by bunmi_ishola (@bunmi_ishola) on


Most of my decor was either painting I made in those group painting classes, art and artifacts from my travels, literary-related or Disney-related.... Every piece in my place had sentimental value and a sweet memory attached to it.






Now that it's all packed up and I'm about to say goodbye, I wish I took pictures of everything.

I'm already homesick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?