Who Am I?

New year means new goals/resolutions... which I never actually make because I'm generally bad at following through at them. I'm not very good at self-motivation for the sake of just me. I'm much better at self-motivation when whatever the task/goal is involves someone else.

One thing I do tend to think about each year is who I am. And whether I like the person I am. And if I am not 100% in love with me, what needs to change. So maybe I do make resolutions after all? Whatever. I don't know.

I've been terribly neglectful of my writing--blog and other types--and while procrastinating further and playing catch up on my blog reading list, I fell across some more personality tests on someone else's blog. I always love these! Because while we may generally have a personality type, we do evolve each year. We learn, we grow, we change.

So, who am I at the start of 2014?

Based on the test I just took, my personality type: INFP.
Strength of individual traits: Introversion - 7%, Intuition - 4%, Feeling - 31%, Prospecting - 9%.

When I did this same test in February 2013 for work, I was an ENFJ.
Strength of individual traits: Extraversion -  1%, Intuition - 12%, Feeling - 50%, Judging - 56%

The only thing in the same area is the N and F, haha.

It's weird to think that I'm a different person than I was just a year ago. But it also makes sense because even I know I've changed. Although, in comparing the two... I'm not drastically different.


My Personality Change (2013 v. 2014)
ENFJ (2013) INFP (2014)
Very charismatic. ENFJ personalities are charming and popular – they instinctively know how to attract and keep people’s attention, as well as communicate with them effectively.
 
Altruistic. ENFJs are warm and selfless, always willing to help other people. They are idealists, motivated by the idea of doing something good for the world.

Skilled imitators. ENFJs find it very easy to notice what drives, motivates and worries other people, and are instinctively able to adjust their own manners and arguments accordingly.

Natural leaders. ENFJ personalities do not seek to dominate or direct, but people are attracted to their charisma and eloquence – unsurprisingly, ENFJs usually end up being very popular and rarely have any difficulties getting to leadership positions.

Tolerant. People with this personality type tend to be open-minded and accepting, willing to consider competing ideas as long as they do not contradict their inner principles. ENFJs can easily get along with most other types.

Reliable. ENFJs work hard for causes they consider important – if their role excites and motivates them, an ENFJ can be very patient and reliable.



Passionate and energetic. INFPs tend to be very energetic when it comes to causes they believe in and are willing to fight for. They may be quiet and even shy in public, but their passion should not be underestimated.

Very creative. INFP personalities find it easy to interpret signs and hidden meanings – furthermore, their well-developed intuition has no difficulties connecting the dots and coming up with interesting, unusual ideas.

Open-minded and flexible. INFPs dislike being constrained by rules and do not seek to impose them on others. They tend to be fairly liberal, open-minded individuals, as long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged.

Idealistic. INFPs are perhaps the most idealistic of all personality types, believing that people are inherently good and everyone should do their best to fight evil and injustice in the world.

Seek and value harmony. INFPs do not want to dominate and work hard to ensure that everyone’s opinion is valued and heard.

Can be very dedicated and hard-working. As mentioned above, INFP personalities are both very passionate and idealistic. Not surprisingly, they can also be unbelievably dedicated to their chosen cause or an organization. It is unlikely that an INFP will give up simply because everyone else has abandoned the cause or it is getting difficult to keep going.

 

I see myself in both personality types, I suppose. So I don't think I have made a major shift in personality.

Something I absolutely LOVE about my current personality type (INFP) is this:
Some fictional INFPs: Anne of Green Gables

If you know me well, then you know the first "career" I can remember wanting to be when I grew up was... Anne of Green Gables! I realized later that it was impossible for me to grow up and become a white, red-haired Canadian. But looks like I just hit my dream!

Anyway... so I started this year as a slightly different person than I was last year. Not sure what that means for 2014, but here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?