As Our Own Mission Trip: Prayer Requests

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to India this summer! This is the first overseas mission trip I've taken (I did go to Mexico sometime in college, so I suppose you can say its my second) and I'm excited, but also know that it's going to be work!

I've been praying non-stop, as has the whole team that's going, and I know people at church have been praying. If you're a praying person (or even if you're not), I'd love to have your support through prayer too. As I said before, prayers is what I covet the most.

Below are some of the main prayer points (and verses to help guide your prayers).

PREPARATION: Please pray that God would prepare the eight of us who are going for the journey ahead.

"The Lord replied, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence doesn't go with us, do not send us up from here." -- Exodus 33:14-15

UNITY: For the team and the national partners we will be working with.

"...then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also, to the interests of others." -- Philippians 2:1-4

PROTECTION: that we would have strength for the journey ahead and that we would not fall prey to the enemy's schemes.

"The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever." -- Psalm 121:7-8

PROVISION: that He will provide for every need; physically, emotionally and spiritually.
As I've been reading material and trying to prepare myself for this trip, I know that my biggest needs will be spiritual and emotional. However, the trip will also cost me $3,900 and so financial support is also something I've been praying for. If you'd like to help out by donating to my trip, click here. Click "Give to Mission Trips."  Chose "India" as the missionary journey you'd like to support, and type in my name (Bunmi Ishola) as the person you'd like to directly support.

"And my God shall supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:19

PROCLAIMING HIS POWER: for God to show Himself strong on our behalf as we boldly proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth (and even to India!)" -- Acts 1: 8 (added emphasis mine)

JUSTICE: for the power of the Lord to come upon us to rise up and to see an end to human trafficking in India (and the rest of the world).

"Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; please the case of the widow." -- Isaiah 1:17

HEART OF GOD: pray for the girls to know the Father-Heart of God and know His delight.

"But now, this is what the Lord says--He who created you, Jacob, he who formed you Israel: ' Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." -- Isaiah 43:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?