"Look at the birds of the air..."

I can be a major worrier.
I hate making decisions because I worry whether or not the choice I don't make would have been the better choice. I worry that others will hate my choices. That I will regret them.
Every time I moved, I worried that I wouldn't make new friends,  find a good church, or end up hating my new apartment.
I worry that I am not kind enough, or perhaps I'm too kind. That I am not giving enough, or that I give too much. That I am too aggressive, or perhaps too passive.
I just worry about everything.  It's actually quite silly.
Earlier this week, I heard someone else share about how much of a worrier she can be too. And her place of encouragement,  what calms her and eases her worry are birds. Every time she sees a bird, she stops worrying.
The birds remind her of Matthew 6:25-34. Specifically verse 26--"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns,  and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
God takes care of the birds, and we are more valued. So the birds remind her not to worry because God takes care of her. How great is that?
Personally, I find the black crows prevalent in Texas a bit creepy. But now every time I see a bird I will be reminded not to worry because God takes care of me
So each time I worry,  I plan to look at the birds in the air and trust Him instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

My Story: Why I'm Going To India