Quarantaine Chronicles: My Disney Movie Marathan

So unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the world kind of got shut down by a little virus known as COVID-19. It seemed to come out of nowhere, and one minute we were toasting to 2020 and talking about "20/20 vision" and other puns, and the next minute we're holed up in our homes social distancing.

I am single and live alone. And while I am thankful to be able to work remotely and also have a well-stocked library of books to keep me company, I also needed a little bit of levity and magic injected into my life. So equipped with a friend's Disney+ password, I decided to watch all the Disney Animated Studio films.



Some basic guidelines about my list and viewing choices:
  • The movie had to be produced by Disney Animation Studios. So this did not include sequels or A Goofy Movie (which are Disney Toon Studios) nor did it include a lot of live-action or hybrid movies (like Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks).
  • I would include Pixar Animation films. While Pixar and Disney first started out as partnerships, Disney now owns the company and all Disney-Pixar films are a delight (plus, there aren't as many of them to make my list too long).
  • I was going to watch them in order of release date. 
  • I was going to watch every movie... even if I had already seen it or even watched it recently (I'm looking at you Cinderella, Big Hero 6, and Onward). 

After building my list, I took note of the ones I had never seen before (or at least had absolutely no memory of seeing before):

  • Saludos Amigos
  • Make Mine Music
  • Fun and Fancy Free
  • Melody Time
  • The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
  • The Many Adventures of Winne the Pooh
  • The Black Cauldron
  • Fantasia 2000
  • Dinosaur
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Treasure Planet (I think I have seen this, but the memory is too vague... and maybe I'm thinking of The Muppets' Treasure Island)
  • Home on the Range
  • The Good Dinosaur
Only 13 that I had never seen before or have no context about their plots! Not bad for this self-proclaimed Disney fanatic. So... let the adventures begin and I'll be back to share my thoughts on the movies.

What Disney/Pixar Animation movies are your favorite? Which ones have you never seen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

From One Challenge to the Next