Quarantaine Chronicles: My Disney Movie Marathan

So unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the world kind of got shut down by a little virus known as COVID-19. It seemed to come out of nowhere, and one minute we were toasting to 2020 and talking about "20/20 vision" and other puns, and the next minute we're holed up in our homes social distancing.

I am single and live alone. And while I am thankful to be able to work remotely and also have a well-stocked library of books to keep me company, I also needed a little bit of levity and magic injected into my life. So equipped with a friend's Disney+ password, I decided to watch all the Disney Animated Studio films.



Some basic guidelines about my list and viewing choices:
  • The movie had to be produced by Disney Animation Studios. So this did not include sequels or A Goofy Movie (which are Disney Toon Studios) nor did it include a lot of live-action or hybrid movies (like Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks).
  • I would include Pixar Animation films. While Pixar and Disney first started out as partnerships, Disney now owns the company and all Disney-Pixar films are a delight (plus, there aren't as many of them to make my list too long).
  • I was going to watch them in order of release date. 
  • I was going to watch every movie... even if I had already seen it or even watched it recently (I'm looking at you Cinderella, Big Hero 6, and Onward). 

After building my list, I took note of the ones I had never seen before (or at least had absolutely no memory of seeing before):

  • Saludos Amigos
  • Make Mine Music
  • Fun and Fancy Free
  • Melody Time
  • The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
  • The Many Adventures of Winne the Pooh
  • The Black Cauldron
  • Fantasia 2000
  • Dinosaur
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Treasure Planet (I think I have seen this, but the memory is too vague... and maybe I'm thinking of The Muppets' Treasure Island)
  • Home on the Range
  • The Good Dinosaur
Only 13 that I had never seen before or have no context about their plots! Not bad for this self-proclaimed Disney fanatic. So... let the adventures begin and I'll be back to share my thoughts on the movies.

What Disney/Pixar Animation movies are your favorite? Which ones have you never seen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?