The Art of Living Intentionally

Thinking about my #OneWord365 and I found this old blog draft that I never posted. It's still incomplete, but it makes me feel that much more excited that I chose intentional as my word! 

Since I've come back from India, I've felt the huge challenge of living an intentional life. I'm the classic, go-with-the-flow kind of girl, and while I don't think I've necessarily been simply a follower, I know I am more reactive in my choices than proactive.

India showed me the power of what it looks like to intentionally give of your life and your time to others. And I've really been wanting to make sure that my life just isn't there, but that it's a life of impact. That I'm not wasting my days or my resources, but I'm making the most of them for the glory of God. And that takes some serious intentionality! 



I just finished the book Notes from a Blue Bike, and she goes through how she and her family live intentionally when it comes to work, school, travel, relationships and... there was one more that I'm forgetting. While the book definitely felt more for moms and at times felt a little bit redundant, it was a good example of how being intentional can make for a better life and it can look differently for each person. I hope that I can begin to be more intentional in everything I do. 


Not the best start to living intentionally! :-)



I totally wish I finished this blog... I have a vague idea of where my mind was going when I started this. I think I was planning to go through each of the topics she tackles and discuss my thoughts and how living intentionally in that area might look for me. But eh... that was months ago. Just be on the lookout for #intentional and #oneword365 hashtags on my Instagram instead! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'm Okay Being Single

Me Before You

Why Do You Date?